Afghanistan:Fem børn dræbt i Nato´s krig mod oprørere

1. sep. 2008 – 17:05 *

KABUL (AFP,Et artilleriangreb, der var rettet mod en gruppe oprørere i det østlige Afghanistan, kostede mandag tre børn livet, mens syv blev såret.
I en officiel meddelelse fra Nato hedder det, at man i kampe med “Taliban fejlagtigt kom til at ramme et hus beboet af civile afghanere”.
I de seneste uger har Afghanistan været udsat for flere Nato-aktioner, der har kostet civile livet. Det skaber naturligvis øget folkelig modstand mod de udenlandske besættelsestropper – men også yderligere splittelse mellem den USA-støttede regering i Kabul og de udenlandske besættelsesmagt.
Yderlige to børn blev dræbt af udenlandske og afghanske kollaboratørstyrker hvor også børnenes fader blev offer for de udenlandske styrkers brutale fremfærd i Utkheil – området ikke langt fra Kabul. Vrede afghanere samledes ved ofrenes hjem – et hus i Kabul-øst , hvor ligene af børnene og faderen lå fremme i et lervægget døds-seng. Mens hundrevis af protesterende afghanere blokerede vejen- De to dræbte børns moder blev såret, fortalte Yahya Khan, en fætter til familien.
Afghanere samlet omkring ligene af to børn dræbt af styrker anført af US-hærstyrker, idag 1.september 2008.

De seneste drab på ubevæbnede civile, bryllupsgæster og børn forbedrer hverken de udenlandske styrkers stilling eller den Nato-støttede regerings i Kabul. Tværtimod. Spændingen mellem afghanerne og besættelsestroperne fra de kapitalistiske Nato-stater stiger.
Derfor rejses kravet : NATO ud af AFGHANISTAN , stadig mere højlydt og flere afghanere træder ind i rækken af modstandskæmpere.

ORIGINAL-artikel:from Yahoo-News :KABUL (AFP) – NATO-led troops accidentally killed three Afghan children in artillery fire in eastern Afghanistan Monday, the force said, the latest in a string of civilian casualties caused by foreign soldiers.

Another seven Afghans were wounded in the firing in Paktika province, close to the border with Pakistan, NATO’s International Security Assistance Force said in a statement.
An ISAF patrol had come under fire in Gayan district and called for artillery to return fire, it said.
The first round accidentally landed too close to a compound, known as a qalat, and troops called for fire to be halted but a second shell had already been fired.

“The ISAF soldiers went to the qalat and found three dead children and seven wounded civilians,” the statement said.

The force provided medical assistance and evacuated the wounded to military hospitals.

“ISAF deeply regrets this accident, and an investigation as to the exact circumstances of this tragic event is now under way,” it said.

There has been a series of incidents in recent weeks in which Afghan civilians have been killed by international troops in the country to fight Taliban-led insurgents.

Also Monday, Afghans alleged that international troops had killed four people, including two young boys and their father, in an early morning raid in Kabul.

Hundreds of people demonstrated to protest the killings and showed reporters the bloodied bodies of the children.

The allegation that foreign forces were involved could not be verified, with ISAF and the separate US-led coalition denying involvement, as did the Afghan security forces.

“They attacked the house and killed two children, almost two years old, a woman and a man,” one of the demonstrators, Mohammad Naweed, said. It was not clear if the woman was the children’s mother.

Naweed said “foreign forces” also took three men from the house after blasting open the main gate and opening fire.

Monday’s incidents follow allegations that the coalition killed more than 90 civilians on August 22, in the western province of Herat. The toll was reached by separate Afghan government and UN investigation teams, who said most of the dead in the strikes were children.

The coalition has rejected the charge but admitted that five civilians — two women and three children — were killed. They were with 25 militants who had also died, including an important Taliban commander, it has said.

A new joint investigation is expected.

Last Friday, Afghan and German troops killed two children and a woman by opening fire on cars that failed to stop at a checkpoint in the northern province of Kunduz, the German military said.

Kunduz governor Mohammad Omar said a minibus fired upon in the incident had been returning from a wedding.

Civilian casualties damage the reputation of international troops as well as the Afghan government, which analysts say need the backing of the local population if they want to beat a propaganda-heavy Taliban-led insurgency.

The Herat incident prompted the Afghan government to demand a review of the regulations under which nearly 70,000 international troops are in Afghanistan, a key battleground in the US-led “war on terror.”

The coalition announced late Sunday that troops had killed more than 220 militants over the past week in the southern province of Helmand.

Advertisements

Skriv et svar

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

Du kommenterer med din WordPress.com konto. Log Out / Skift )

Twitter picture

Du kommenterer med din Twitter konto. Log Out / Skift )

Facebook photo

Du kommenterer med din Facebook konto. Log Out / Skift )

Google+ photo

Du kommenterer med din Google+ konto. Log Out / Skift )

Connecting to %s